Friday, January 22, 2010

A week of first


Wow this week has been crazy busy. We had Dylan's first week of intensive therapy at C.H.I.P.S. I was happily surprised that there was very few melt downs, for Dylan doesn't take changes in his day very well. This is also the first week Dylan has showed any affection toward anyone but me and the first time he snuggled up to he's Daddy and fell asleep ( I wish I took a picture but my camera wasn't charged)

In the short time we have been going to playgroup therapy, Dylan is making fast progress. He is starting to mimic words, imagination play, and he's starting to get a little better in group. He is still walking away for groups of three or more. This is an improvement however from him walking away as soon as someone would join him at a play table.

This week was also Dylan's first long trip to the Library. He did better than I though he would. However, I must say sorry for anyone at Way Public Library who was there Monday for the melt downs and the screams. He did enjoy sitting on my lap and reading. However, I learned that Mommy's are not allowed to study as Dylan decided to sit on my book.

Right now I'm sitting in a warm house and wishing that I could take Dylan to the park. This is his favorite thing to do when it's warm out. I learned fast that Dylan hates the feel of cold. He will not touch snow and he hates going out when it's snowing outside. He screams when snowflakes touch his skin.

This little boy is amazing me everyday. Like I always say Dylan has Autism, Autism doesn't have him.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

He is doing so well! I can't believe the change in him just since starting play group. He is so much more social, and interacting with people! He is awesome, and you are doing an amazing job!

Sarah Roberts said...

That's really great! I hope the success continues. Are you doing any sensory stimulation with his therapy? That has been proven to help as well.

Mandi said...

Sarah-We've been doing the brushing and joint compression. He's not doing well with either right now.

Alicia- Thank you, I don't know what we would do with out playgroup. It's nice to be apart of a group that understands.

Sarah W said...

Mandi - I think your outlook at attitude through all this is remarkable! I look forward to following your journey on this blog! Best of luck to you & your little dude.